MAAX US Corp
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Plant Superintendent, the Production Supervisor leads the direct and indirect work force to achieve daily production and operational objectives. The Production Supervisor will also be responsible for driving change within the work force to sustain the gains achieved from continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages production flow by making sure Standard Work is being followed and Plan to Actual boards are posted by hour. Takes corrective action as needed to meet Takt time;
2. Maintains daily, weekly and monthly reports and reporting.
3. Plans and manages work cell and direct labor on a daily basis based on customer demand;
4. Applies and maintains regulations and programs relating to health and safety in the work place, personnel management (hiring, disciplinary, training), quality assurance and equipment maintenance;
5. Manages the CoPQ quality system to ensure products meet established quality standards for construction, fit, and finish. Ensures recordkeeping requirements are met;
6. Makes recommendations aimed at increasing production and improving working methods; participates in the continuous improvement process;
7. Works with other departments to develop new products and put them into production;
8. Ensures the timely availability of raw materials and makes recommendations as necessary utilizing the kanban process;
9. Participates in committees and projects.
10. May be responsible for opening and closing of facility.
11. May be called upon to cover Peer Supervisor Absenteeism / Vacation.
- Company Name
- MAAX US Corp
- Martinsburg, WV
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, procedures and manuals
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced leadership skills: ability to coach and motivate employees and attract followers
- Strong safety acumen: ability to lead a crew to injury-free performance
- Problem solving skills
- Competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- Strong organization skills: ability to satisfy numerous constituents
Key Interfaces: Strong link with Customer Service, Quality Assurance and other Supervisors/Managers
Education and Experience:
- High school education required. Associate degree or other similar training is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing supervision of 15 + employees
Supervision: * Direct and Indirect Supervision of 15-25 employees
Impact on Business: Direct impact on plant objectives and goals achievement
Working Conditions: ADA / Work Environment
- The employee works in sometimes hot and humid conditions.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne dust particles.
- The level of noise is moderate and is consistent with typical manufacturing/shipping environments.
- Must wear protective glasses and hearing protection.
- This position requires standing, walking, bending and sitting.
- Excellent vision for inspecting product and color differences.
- How to Apply