Production Operator I
2nd or 3rd shift
Under specific supervision, trains in the operation of Rotational Molding machine (s) and other related equipment as directed by immediate supervisor and more advanced Production Operators and possesses a general understanding of the critical process elements to efficiently and safely produce quality plastic products (i.e. custom containers, agricultural, intermediate bulk containers, proprietary tanks, and other material handling products).
- Insure that scale is at zero before determining weights of powder being prepared for each mold.
- Assist in separating the molds with other operators after it has cycled out of the cooling chamber by using pneumatic drills and impact wrenches to remove bolts and nuts.
- Remove plastic part by flipping the auto turnover switch, using pryboards or other extracting instruments if needed.
- Insure mold vents are open and clear.
- Scrape the flanges with either a plastic scraper on aluminum molds or a putty knife on steel and carbon molds to remove excess plastic and prepare molds for charging (filling with powder).
- Pour powder into molds and seal it by installing bolts and nuts with pneumatic tools.
- Cycle mold into oven for curing of part.
- There may be times when a temporary work assignment is required to meet production requirements of the department. Work assignments will be made at the discretion of Management.
- Company Name
- Tank Holding
- Philippi, WV
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
An average knowledge of simple hand tools (i.e. routers, air guns, drills, impact wrenches, etc.) and scales which
are utilized for weighing powder is required. Forklift driving experience may be required. An average degree
of manual skills (i.e. using impact wrenches to remove bolts, drilling out vents, etc.) and a considerable degree of
physical effort is required. This position frequently lifts or moves powder buckets weighing 5 lbs. to 55 lbs. in
awkward work positions. A high school diploma on GED equivalent with experience in a manufacturing,
industrial, construction or agricultural working environment is preferred.
Somewhat undesirable working conditions. Exposed to noise, heat, resin, vapors, various power tools and other elements to the extent of being undesirable and usually more than one at a time.
This position reports to the Plant Manager or Production Shift Supervisor and is trained by various advanced Production Operators.
- How to Apply