Position: Machine Operator - Lamination, Slitting and Cap and Liner
Essential Job Duties:
- Slitting only approved sheet material to a required width and/or specification
- Check roll batch number identification for match with tickets or labeling
- Visual inspection of material.
- Maintaining the quality of the cut of material, machine blade set up and/or replacement.
- Loading or handling of roll material and removal of completed material, including scrap.
- Monitor machine specifications as directed
- Ensure work area is clean at all times.
- Ensure material items meets all requirements.
- Cutting of cores to length.
- Generating and completion of product labels.
- Labor reporting.
- Reporting of machine maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Monitoring and reporting inventory levels of slitting supplies.
- Promotes worker safety by:
- Actively assesses activities on a constant basis to ensure no unsafe actions or results will occur.
- Stressing safe working practices as a condition of employment to associates.
- Assisting in audits of employee behaviors to ensure compliance with safety rules and guidelines, as well as housekeeping audits and surveys.
- Participating actively on the plant-wide safety team.
- Ensuring the housekeeping in the immediate and surrounding work area is maintained or improved to the highest level possible.
- Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained by:
- Understanding and supporting both quality policies and the Quality System.
- Performing work at a level that ensures quality of this positions work meets or exceeds internal and external customer specifications.
- Identifying and correcting if possible any identified quality issues both in the department and plant as a whole.
- Participating in system or quality based training provided by the company or recommended by the company
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement process (CIP) by:
- Identifying and addressing any opportunities to reduce cost, improve product/process and/or improve overall operations
- Participating in CIP teams to eliminate problems, streamline operations or other areas as defined by management
- Participating in CIP training and exercises designed to expand the potential for continuous improvement.
Non-Essential Job Duties: Performs other duties that may be assigned.