Cornerstone Building Brands
Full Job Description
The Extrusion Associate 3 (EA3) is a training position through which Associates may advance to the Extrusion Associate 4 (EA4) position. Through this training position, associates will learn to operate extrusion lines and produce vinyl siding products and accessories: ensuring that extruder outputs are consistent with product specifications and that quality assurance standards are maintained by inspecting finished product for consistency.
Associates must be in the EA3 position for a minimum of 6 months and be able to pass proficiency tests to be eligible for promotion to the EA4 position. Associates that are unable to pass the proficiency tests for the EA 4 position within a 12 month period will be demoted back to the position held prior to becoming an EA3.
Associate must learn to verify operational status of all equipment on assigned line according to start-up check list. Maintain extruder and all peripheral line equipment settings (embosser, sterlco, dies, MRF, etc.) to produce outputs that are consistent with product specifications. Perform Quality Assurance responsibilities that include conducting a variety of tests on finished product to determine product
quality within an established range of performance. Notify Supervisory personnel of deviations for
prompt and accurate correction(s).
2. Communicate with Maintenance Department and Manufacturing Shift Supervisor about machine malfunctions.
3. Learn to Assist Extrusion Associate 4 with troubleshooting operational problems and adjust equipment to maintain consistency on the extrusion lines; inform QA Technician and Manufacturing Shift Supervisor(s) of problems or inefficiencies that cannot be corrected.
4. Learn to Assist with extruder machine output changeovers (e.g., embossing drums, die sets) during the shift.
5. Learn to conduct a variety of line/panel checks to determine product consistency, including panel thickness, width, length, radius, hook, nail hems, perforation, and weep holes.
6. Perform housekeeping duties as needed such as clean up of water spills, knock-out build up in MRF cutter, and knock-out bins; maintain cleanliness of extrusion line and surrounding work area.
7. Monitor Extrusion Associate 1s and 2s (Inspector/Packer) to ensure consistency and quality of product packed and application of proper packing techniques. Relieve line EA1s and EA2s for breaks.
8. Develop communication skills so knowledge can be shared with previous and following shifts’ Extrusion Associates about product quality, problems, and status of work in progress.
9. Complete accurately and legibly all extrusion and quality assurance related paperwork (e.g. operational reports).
10. Refer to Production Schedule for color of product, product number and quantity to be produced. Locate Quality Assurance Specification from Lab to adhere to specifications for appropriate product. Perform all quality assurance checks according to schedule on Operational Report.
11. Punch time clock before and after shift to record time worked.
12. Observe health and safety practices at all times.
13. Accurately performs pre-start checks, including verifying all equipment is ready for start-up.
14. Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Maintain supplies at workstation.
2. Communicate with Material Handler(s) to move full warehouse racks.
3. Aid with training of new personnel in extrusion and quality assurance areas. Assist with training of
temporaries and new hires in Extrusion Associate 1, 2, and 3 positions.
4. Floats to relieve Extrusion Associate 1s, 2s, 3s, and 4s for breaks.
5. Attend weekly shift meetings and monthly All Hands Forum, if required.
6. Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location.
7. Notify Supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions.
8. Assist with production equipment maintenance.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented—quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented—results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable—traditional, stable, strong processes
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Vision insurance
- Company Name
- Cornerstone Building Brands
- Martinsburg, WV 25405
Education: High School Graduate/GED
Experience: Six months of related or production experience is required. Must be able to perform the functions of an Extrusion Associate 1 and 2.
Knowledge: Must be able to read, write and have working knowledge of machine mechanics. Must have good mechanical aptitude and above average math aptitude.
- Must possess common sense, positive attitude, and demonstrate excellent attendance.
- Must be quality and safety conscious, a team player.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to interact with people.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to operate, read, and interpret test equipment/findings.
- Must have ability to learn to operate a computer and ten key.
- Needs ability to use and read calipers and micrometers to within one thousandth of an inch.
- Must be able to work quickly with product and be able to lift 86 pounds maximum, be able to lift with assistance 87 to 100 pounds, keep colors separate, and records weights accurately.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity.
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Extensive standing, frequent bending, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, twisting and walking. Extreme weather conditions, and conflicts over acceptable product quality possible.
Equipment/Tools Used: Hearing protection, safety glasses, tape measure, sawing glove, hack saw, packing gloves, tool box and contents, stamp and stamp pad.
Safety: Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals. Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions.
Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- $16.00 per hour
- How to Apply