We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 17.200 colleagues now and together we will make the world a brighter place.
WHAT WE OFFER
Operates assigned equipment/area of the plant and performs operations related activities in a safe, environmentally responsible, and optimal manner to meet the needs of the business.
- This position modifies operating conditions of process equipment in accordance with operating procedures, documented guidance, operating experience, and verbal instructions to optimize production in a safe, environmentally responsible, and optimal manner to meet the needs of the business.
- Participates in the site safety process to support overall site Total Safety and Reliability Culture.
- Responds to emergencies per site procedures and performs emergency response activities assigned by unit leadership.
- Uses troubleshooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems.
- Compares actual operational data to required data from process control systems and quality systems.
- Correctly recognizes and responds to eliminate safety and operational deviations in the plant.
- Monitors changes made to ensure resolution of safety and operational deviations.
- Provides input into operating procedures.
- Ensures operational activities and process performance area aligned with plant and business goals.
- As required, participates in Root Cause investigations.
- Coaches and trains others on plant operations.
- Uses process knowledge and skill to make improvements in plant performance and participates in management of change activities.
- Monitors, collects, and inputs plant metrics as required SPC, asset utilization, conversion costs, production yields, and identify opportunities for plant optimization.
- Perform process equipment troubleshooting, minor repairs, improvements, and preventative maintenance, utilizing appropriate process and disciplines.
- Management of waste (hazardous and nonhazardous) as required by operating/company procedures or site practices.
Are you as curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we can offer you an exciting career opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application and resume. Become part of our team - apply now!
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hiring and advancement are based on job-related requirements and on an individual’s qualifications to perform a job. All aspects of employment are carried out free of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression or any unlawful criterion, existing under applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Company Name
- South Charleston WV 25303
WHAT YOU OFFER
- A two year process operator associates degree, other degree or certification in a relevant S.T.E.M. field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated process operating aptitude
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform the work position including transfer and management of hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to go meet the requirements of the occupational demand form i.e. lifting 50 lbs. , walking for 1hour, kneeling for 1 hour and climbing ladders.
- Must have a satisfactory work history record.
CERTIFICATION: Attainment of certification on 2 or more jobs within 24 months as required by CBA.
- How to Apply