For over 75 years Rust-Oleum has been a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. Vital to the success and growth of our company is a strong commitment to our customers and employees. Rust-Oleum is currently seeking a Production Manager at our Lesage, West Virginia Plant.
The primary result expected from the Production Manager will be to plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications by supervising and coordinating the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
Typical tasks for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Direct and coordinate production, processing, distribution, and marketing activities of industrial organization.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect and resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records.
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including machine replacement.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
- Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
- Company Name
- Lesage, WV 25537
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or Business Management.
- 5-10 years of management experience in manufacturing/chemical processing environment.
- Prior paint manufacturing experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to supervise/manage diverse group of associates and supervisors.
- Train/coordinate teams to achieve high levels of productivity, quality and safety performance.
- Proven abilities to successfully drive continuous improvement, manage multiple priorities, and multitask.
- Ability to work well with other peer groups.
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Exposure to quality programs
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience
- Previous experience with safety programs
- How to Apply