Sealed Air Corporation
This position provides leadership, guidance and direction for the entire extrusion, printing, and converting departments. The production manager leads employees to meet operational goals in: safety, quality, yield productivity and is responsible for driving CI initiatives for the Keyser facility. Imperative the person continues to create a positive work environment where employees: can perform, learn and excel; are recognized for accomplishments, strive to meet customers’ needs and are involved in continuous improvement. They must manage inventory and costs/budgets to plan. Ensure plans are in place and being executed to hire, train and develop people to ensure KPIs are achieved. Position will have 4 shift supervisors and 4 Extrusion Leads as direct reports.
Job Description Cont.
- Create and implement annual plan, aligned with business plan, in the areas of machinery, people and plant requirements in order to meet/exceed plant goals within budgetary and capital plans.
- Engage employees in continual improvement through using Lean Manufacturing tools and other problem solving methodology. Focus on improving processes, safety, quality, productivity, yield, service, costs, inventory control and the work environment. Promote and facilitate employee involvement. Embrace and drive positive change through employee involvement.
- Lead, teach and coach direct reports in a manner consistent with the APS Leadership Expectations. Ensure leadership processes are effective and timely for direct reports and their people: quarterly goals, performance reviews and development plans. (Ensure development plans are implemented.)
- Work with plant manager to develop plant budget. Monitor and control the department’s spending levels and implement cost reduction programs to assist in meeting the budgetary, as well as, capital goals. Manage ongoing costs and inventories within budget. Create and implement staffing and training plan to ensure production goals can be met.
- Ensure proper procedures and processes are followed consistently to standards: GMP’s, ISO, AIB, OSHA and others as required.
- Foster teamwork between all departments and other functions in the business to meet individual plant goals and corporate business goals. Take leadership role in resolving issues in a data rationale and solution focused manner. Use problem solving tools, data analysis and teamwork to resolve problems constructively. Work with supervision to build high performance teams on each shift.
- Develop and implement plant communication plans with plant manager and HR. to focus on effective daily communication with direct reports and all in conversion/shipping to ensure all employees are informed of goals, progress/shortfalls, key business information and issues/resolution. Ensure follow-up on employee requests. Utilize tools such as electronic boards, bulletin boards, plant meetings and small group meetings to communicate.
- Company Name
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Keyser, WV
- Minimum five years manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in management, engineering or related fields; or equivalent experience.
- Experience with ISO or similar quality system, Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodology. Problem solving skills. TOC experience a plus and preferred.
- Excellent communication skills: inter-personal, written, presentation and facilitation.
- Understanding of budgets, capital, and expense control.
- Lead in a positive and engaging manner. Develop others.
- Systems acumen. Knowledge of ERP system. Proficient at Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute plans. Project management skills.
- Team player. Dependable. Honest and trustworthy. Takes initiative.
- How to Apply