UFP Ranson, LLC
Production maintenance technician is responsible for performing the installation, testing, maintenance and repair of all production equipment as outlined in the following principal duties/ responsibilities.
- Repairs woodworking machinery including Viking pallet machine, Kentwood Moulder, Baker re-Saws, Newman-Whitney KM-16 trim saw, Giben panel saws, saw dust collection systems, infeed/outfeed systems, hand tools, and other production related equipment in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals and manufacturer specifications.
- Performs regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Prepares and maintains tooling for all machines.
- Performs set ups, tune ups and operational efficiency of machinery around the plant.
- Orders supplies and parts as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Maintains records of purchase, repair and maintenance activities.
- Manages tooling inventory.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety rules and procedures.
- Keep all work areas clean and organized.
- Participates in safety and other programs and meetings.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required by management / supervisory staff members
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example
- Participates in Safety and other programs
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
- Company Name
- UFP Ranson, LLC
- 249 16th Ave, Ranson, WV 25438
- (304) 728-8484
- Minimum high school diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience in machine troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Electrical, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic equipment.
- Working knowledge of safe equipment practices and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to understand and use mathematical computations, and to use a computer terminal and a calculator.
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to read blueprints, technical diagrams, and operating manuals, to use precision measuring instruments or tools and to use hand tools
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- How to Apply