Who we are Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do, Grow. with us. Who we’re looking for Toyota’s Production Engineering (PE) Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Production Engineer- Tooling. The primary responsibility of this role is to support achieving key performance indicators (KPI) related to tooling. Achieved by implementing improvements for safety, quality, productivity and cost. Reporting to the Manager, the person in this role will support the Production Engineering department’s objective to support the overall success of the company. What you’ll be doing
- Tooling KPI management through development of reporting tools (PowerBI)
- Responsible for tooling selection, support and kaizen
- Support cutting point management
- Responsible for problem-solving & recurrence prevention
- Support tool regrind process and equipment programming
- Develop and implement Hoshin (business plan) and capital plan projects.
- Ringi (cost justification document) development, presentations, and obtaining appropriate signatures of approval.
- Develop machine reliability activity as required.
- Support new production line project activity
- Manage reports / KPI Metrics administration
- Work directly with vendors for technical information, tool supply, tool quality, etc.
- Develop and lead tooling and coolant training for team member skill up in key areas and new technology
- Provide/maintain tooling reports & improve data analysis
- Create kaizen plans for tooling item
- Lead tool trials
- Perform programming and troubleshooting as needed in Tool Regrind
- Support Production & Tool Regrind with tooling issue
- Participate in local and regional activities.
What we’ll bringDuring your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flexible work options based on business needs
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com! To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
- Company Name
- Buffalo, WV 25033
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or equivalent professional technical experience
- Tooling experience (grinding wheels, drills, reamers, and/or taps)
- Experience in a role utilizing problem solving skills daily
- Experience in a leadership or project management role
- Manufacturing experience
Added bonus if you have:
- Engineering/Technical degree
- Maximo, PeopleSoft, Power BI reports experience
- Toyota TBP (passed panel)
- Automotive manufacturing experience
- Toyota experience at a Toyota manufacturing facility
- How to Apply