Position Summary: Position Summary: Job Description:
The Production Engineer will be responsible to provide overall ownership and continuity for production areas of the site including the resolution of daily issues and providing technical expertise to area operators. Set and achieve goals on EHS performance, product quality, equipment performance and reliability, daily production, productivity, stable operations and supporting key capital projects. This role will support the implementation of CapEx as well as continuous improvement initiatives in coordination with team members and cross functional teams.
- Operate for strict adherence to compliance of EHS regulations and requirements, for both internally and externally, for installation/modification of site facilities and production process.
- Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets, employees, and the public .
- Responsible for safety on project work not limited to MPM employees but also contractors & vendors
- Primary Owner of MOCs for area(s) of responsibility
- Improvement and regular adjustment of safety considerations (SVA´s, PHA´s) in the operating area in cooperation with EHS.
- Compliance with and further development of a zero-tolerance environment regarding occupational safety and environmental protection
- Review safety procedures every time before performing pre-startup for both new and modified facilities. This rule applies even if the procedural changes only affect a single component or process.
- Ensure all requirements of Momentive’s EHS Management System are compliant in responsible area.
- Lead exposure reduction events
- Update JSA’s
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements and internal company standards for occupational and plant safety as well as environmental and health protection
- Ensure proper documentation for the site (e.g. Operating instructions, MOC process)
- Ensures that the operators are strictly following all applicable policies, procedures, standards including (but not limited to) ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 OHSA(S), business ethics, and other basic compliance requirements.
- Provide production/SARA information for permitted units
- On-schedule and quality-oriented manufacture of all products in the area of responsibility in accordance with the sales plan and in compliance with the relevant statutory provisions. Work closely with SIOP team to optimize planning to achieve schedule attainment targets
- Provide daily direction setting and leadership to area production personnel. Lead small capital improvement projects and provide technical knowledge / expertise to large capital project teams.
- Preparation, adaptation and sampling of operational contingency plans in the area of responsibility
- Support the continuous process improvement and cost reduction initiatives in the area of responsibility with stable Operations, Lean, and Six Sigma tools in the areas of Quality, Safety, Cost and People.
- Monitor production area performance based on key ops. metrics (FPY/RFT, POTIF, OEE, MTBF) and execute action towards productivity improvement, stability and reliability increase, quality performance.
- Implement and maintain 5S & Gemba boards in production areas.
- Safe introduction of new products to production scale according to market requirements in cooperation with Product/Process Technology
- Ensure process & equipment reliability, all equipment in production process are in good condition. Effectively work with team members and maintenance team on prioritizing the maintenance work
- Participation in internal and regulatory audits and ensure follow up actions, and initiates and documents change controls as appropriate
- Ensure quality of product is conformed to our QC specification.
- Use structured problem-solving techniques, analytical tools, and teamwork to improve quality and unit performance.
- Field operation support
- Support area supervision with daily coordination of shift to shift transfer activities
- Support field operation for stable ops including Night Notes and daily direction/continuity.
- Partner with process engineering team for any process change matters.
- Identify and implement quality improvement and productivity improvement projects
- Partner with process engineering team for OOS and SMI reduction.
- Support maintenance and operation team to implement design changes for extending the life of the assets
- Execute SOP updates
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement follow-ups of un-planned events and near miss from EHS/quality/operations perspectives
- Support the technical project manager in the timely and budget-compliant execution of investment projects in the responsible areas
- Ensuring relevant standard requirements in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 50001 and other applicable quality/compliance standards in the area of responsibility
- Conduct and participate in regular engineering meetings
- Develop operations SOP and conduct training/qualification to operators
- Support for VCP program
- Lead or participates in Quality Forward Look events and coordinate recommended actions to improve product quality performance
- Quality incident investigations/actions
- Process monitoring and analytical data results evaluation through LIMS to assure production in conformance with product spec.
- Other work as assigned
Communication s & Documentation
- Ensuring regular employees and contractors are well-informed of the hazards they’re facing such as potential of fire, explosion or toxic release hazards related to the contractor’s work and the process.
- Implementation of stringent change and documentation management in the operating area (MOC)
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of short term modification work
- Provide necessary training of job, skill and knowledge for operators/contactors.
- Maintaining and optimizing the production costs in the area of responsibility, thereby ensuring the production targets & plant safety
- Review and analyze production orders yield, taking necessary actions for variances correction.
- Cooperation with Manufacturing Finance and SIOP on modification cost optimization
Decision Making Authority:
- Approval of expenditure in accordance with the MPM “Delegation of Authorities” (DOA) Directive
- Operational decision-making powers resulting from operator responsibility
- Shift resource of manufacturing staff
- Maintenance activities approval during shifts
Key Metrics Role is Accountable For:
- EHS indicators such as number of accidents, fire, substance leaks, deviations from approval
- EHS- Zero events,
- Schedule attainment
- Productivity target
- Quality - Out of Specifications / First pass reject / FPY / Customer Complaints
- Training Directly
- Service… (Capacity utilization, RICO)
- VCP… (Material, COPQ, Conversion)
- Site Manufacturing & Engineering teams (including maintenance and reliability)
- Site Leadership team - Build sustainable & trust relationship to site management
- Site EHS
- Cooperation with service functions and site teams (Continuous Improvement, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Legal, Procurement, Sales, Quality, Technology)
- Company Name
- Friendly, WV
- Bachelor’s or university degree in the field of Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- At least 5+ years of production or process experience in the chemical industry
- Strong safety consciousness, strong EHS awareness and familiarity with EHS requirements
- Strong capability in problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to organize and analyze process data, utilize statistical analysis, and effectively troubleshoot complex chemical processes
- Good understanding of business interrelationships
- High awareness of responsibility and costs
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability to organize and motivate teams, drive change, and deliver quantifiable production improvements
- Highly motivated and energetic, willing to demonstrate significant ownership in the overall production area
- Ability to lead/supervise a diverse workforce and contractors.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of SAP functional module, Sound DCS Knowledge
- Strategic thinking ability
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Outlook / Office / Excel/ work etc. – computer basics
- Experience in six sigma, SAP, ISO system is a plus
- Practical experience with process optimization
- Basic understanding of chemical plant operations, equipment and EHS guidelines
- Experience in new production and technical development of new process
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, climb, twist, turn, grasp and move about the facility. Walking, walking on irregular surfaces and balancing will be required. Hearing, sight to include depth perception and color vision and the ability to speak clearly will be required. Occasionally lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs. and the ability to comply with PPE requirements (ability to pass a fit-test and wear a respirator is required for certain positions/locations).
The environment for this position is a Manufacturing setting, with exposure to outside weather conditions and loud noise. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
- How to Apply