Covestro is seeking to hire a Production Engineer at our facility in South Charleston, WV. This position supports Plant Management and production shifts in processes, improvements, safety, and unit operations. This position also participates in complex projects requiring close supervision.
- Technical support of shifts in respective units including multiple production technologies
- Problem-solving through fundamentally sound technical solutions (3rd level troubleshooting)
- Continuous check of process design and operation to improve yield, energy consumption, and throughput
- Project process expert support and/or Project management including multiple production technologies
- Participates in continuous improvement programs and cross-functional teams. Internal communication and information on changes in production
- Accountable for development, improvements, and maintenance of unit Standard Operating Procedures, Training plans, and Job Certification materials
- Create concepts for and deliver technical or safety unit training (incl. training material).
- The Production Engineer is responsible for further development, maintenance, and improvement of essential Covestro technologies.
- Coordination and Leading of plant safety and environmental initiatives
- Daily production support
- Certified to provide backfill and on-call coverage
- Represents site on global unit teams (GUTs) and other Business unit global initiatives as assigned.
- Company Name
- South Charleston, WV
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering with 2+ years’ professional (post-grad) experience in Engineering; Production plant experience or related engineering background preferred
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in technical good practices and Standards
- Strong technical and economical competencies
- Communication and project management skills
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of engineer tools and skills in technical Software
- How to Apply