Cornerstone Building Brands
Martinsburg, WV, USA Req #7733
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Associate visually inspects extruded product for consistent appearance and length according to defined standards. Associate ensures product consistency and standards including but not limited to proper counts, packing patterns, packing enclosures and carton construction and labels. Associate packs finished product into cartons and places cartons on finished product skids. Associate maintains paperwork as required.
Visually inspect extruded product for appearance and size defects according to specifications.
2. Conduct recurrent tests/inspections of products’ functional features (including, but not limited to, nail slot depth, weepholes, butt end channel locks, etc).
3. Notify appropriate personnel (Extrusion Associate 3s and 4s, Manufacturing Shift Supervisor) of product defects.
4. Assemble cartons for packaging.
5. Ensure proper packing patterns, product counts, and package enclosures.
6. Square, glue, seal and label (if necessary) the packed cartons.
7. Transfer carton to finished product skid.
8. Discard unacceptable panels in Scrap Rack.
9. Identify product that is jammed up in production line and assist as necessary.
10. Identify that line is going down and assist as necessary.
11. Assist with color and product fixture changes.
12. Perform line shut down tasks.
13. Communicate with previous and following shifts’ Extrusion Associates about product quality, problems, and status of work in progress.
14. Perform housekeeping duties as needed such as cleaning up of knock-out build up in MRF cutter.
15. Complete accurately and legibly all line packaging-related paperwork.
16. Notify Extrusion Associate 3 or 4 (Operators) of colored light alarm from Ink Jet Printer.
17. Punch time clock before and after shift to record time worked.
18. Observe health and safety practices when handling bacon strips.
19. Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Maintain supplies at workstation.
2. Communicate with Material Handler(s) to move full warehouse racks.
3. Assist with training of temporaries and new hires in Extrusion Associate 1 positions.
4. Float to relieve other Extrusion Associate 1s for breaks.
5. Attend weekly shift meetings and monthly All Hands Forum, if required.
6. Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location.
7. Notify Supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions.
8. Assist with production equipment maintenance.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented—results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable—traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented—cooperative and collaborative
- Company Name
- Cornerstone Building Brands
- Martinsburg, WV 25404
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
12 hour shift: 7am - 7pm OR 7pm - 7am
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- $14.75 Per Hour ($13.75 Per Hour Base Pay + $1.00 Per Hour for Perfect Attendance) $500 BONUS for all new hires after 90 days
- How to Apply