Plexus Scientific Corporation
Packaging Associate - Mineral Wells, West Virginia
Summary: Responsible for packing quality product into boxes for shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
To ensure product safety, this position will:
- Checks finished product for quality issues, as it comes off of the conveyor.
- Packs plastic containers and lids of various sizes into sleeves & boxes (0 to less than 5 pounds).
- Grinding scrap material out of sleeves (0 to less than 5 pounds).
- After packing containers, he / she will pass the box to the “tape machine”.
- Responsible for keeping the work area clean.
- Builds and labels boxes as needed.
- Grinds poor quality product.
- Re-packs product as needed.
- Cleans inside and outside of machinery.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Product Safety: It is the intent, objective and philosophy to produce safe, legal and quality products. Every effort is made to ensure product conformity at each manufacturing step while maintaining a safe production environment and a workforce superior for the thermoforming of food contact packaging products.
- Adhere to GMP requirements
- Identity product and/or situations that risk product contamination
- Close and seal boxes adequately to prevent contamination
- Identify product and/or situations that violate cleaning and pest control requirements
- Inform quality regarding nonconforming product so it can be segregated
- Make certain that no glass is brought into the facility
- Not store product directly on the floor
- Only place goods in approved containers
- Not use Pactiv containers for storing miscellaneous items
- Practice good hygiene and not eat, drink (water in plastic bottles is allowed) or use tobacco except in designated areas
- Clean work area using approved chemicals, equipment and techniques