Serve as a member of core product engineering team to support hot stamping (press hardening) for Gestamp North America. Support/lead a cross-functional team to address challenging technological needs of customer engineering and manufacturing requirement. Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with assigned customer base as well as generate new customer leads. Support new business development as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide technical leadership in the area of hot stamping for analyzing and establishing product requirements, design, prototyping, and testing.
2. Prepare and perform technical presentation in support of new business development.
3. Lead/support design competitions for engineered products for new business acquisition.
4. Address/resolve any technical information gaps that prevent the quote team from providing a high quality RFQ response.
5. Develop and grow relationships by maintaining a visible presence within the assigned customer base tounderstand the customer’s philosophies, processes, decision hierarchies, and needs.
6. Gain understanding of all company technologies, including understanding of market trends and production capabilities and be able to inform current and potential customers of technologies that may satisfy theirneeds.
7. Provide support and work with R&D in identifying the research needs and translating them into manufacturing technologies.
8. Work with team to establish hot stamping standards for product, process, and tooling and make updates as needed.
9. Establish/maintain lessons learned and update standards where appropriate.
10. Support global benchmarking/information sharing for continuous improvement to ensure competitiveness.
11. Manage and resolve program assignments and open issues to support Program Management in meeting all objectives from award through launch.
- Company Name
- 3100 Maccorkle Avenue Southwest Building 307, South Charleston, WV 25303
- (304) 941-1800
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Four year college degree, BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
2. Three to five years technical sales experience and excellent communication skills to interface with various
levels of the customer team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Experience with OEM product development cycle and strong technical background in BIW safety and
crashworthiness will be an advantage.
2. Experience in product design/development and selling of engineered solutions is expected.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
1. May be required to work extended hours on occasion.
- How to Apply