Wincore Windows & Doors
Wincore Window Company, LLC Parkersburg, WV 26104
Product Design Engineer with a passion for technology and precision to join our Product Development team to support Wincores growth through innovative product refinements and new products. This is an exciting opportunity with potential to advance for hard working, reliable, and teamwork-minded individuals. Apply today to grow right along with this company as it is continuing to expand its successful operations in 2021 and beyond.
As Product Design Engineer, your position will be very “hands-on.” A summary of your overall role will be:
- Responsible for Product development from concept to design across a number of projects at any one time from existing product improvement to new product development ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, IS/IT and operations to supply engineering expertise and specification details supporting projects as well as day-to-day activity.
- Engage with customers sharing product knowledge, providing product training and any assistance that enables them to grow their business.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and provide support to team efforts.
- Responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time and to budget, ensuring they meet customer requirements while managing resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Positive Attitude
- Detail Oriented
- Thrives in Team Environment
- Strives to Exceed Expectations
- Proven Leader
- Strategic Thinker
- Effective Communicator
- Disciplined to Work Independently
Performs Manufacturer Coordinator duties to include:
- Coordinating manufacturing documentation changes (i.e. Formula changes, min/.max., generate and manage technical documents, etc.)
- Coordination with other teams @ Wincore managing all aspects of the Engineering Change Process
- Ensures all Engineering documents are updated correctly prior to market introduction and maintained thereafter.
- Coordinate with IS/IT (as needed)
- Product Training Sales, Customers, etc.
- Provides general product engineering support to include
- 2D/3D CAD support
- Engineering planning and oversight
- 1st Article Inspection of new component items
- Investigating product quality/field service issues
- Product flow and plant floor layout
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Works with design and engineering personnel from Wincore to evaluate new product innovations and designs for possible application to existing products
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability and safety in all product designs
- Confers with Wincore personnel and vendors to clarify or resolve design problems and develops design solutions.
- May be called upon as a resource for duties outside of traditional engineering.
- Company Name
- Wincore Windows & Doors
- Parkersburg, WV 26104
- Bachelors degree (B.S.) Technical Discipline or 5 - 10 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years product design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Solidworks EPDM
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Power Point
This position will operate primarily in an open office environment but will require working in the manufacturing facility when building or testing product refinements and setting up new production lines, including traveling to other domestically located manufacturing sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and copiers as well as shop equipment such as hand tools, power tools and measurement devices.
While largely a sedentary role, it does require the ability to lift, bend or stand as necessary. It will require the ability to remove and install test product and components into vehicles, fixtures, equipment and other apparatus for
the purpose of evaluating and testing product designs.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Ability to work with early product concepts and develop these concepts along the lines of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly.
- Ability to develop and communicate complicated 3-Dimensional mechanisms.
- How to Apply