Cornerstone Building Brands
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
The Process Engineer supports all Simonton Windows operations by minimizing costs and maximizing
efficiency, quality and employee safety. Accomplished by justification and implementation of capital projects, leadership of continuous improvement initiatives, sharing and implementing best practices and supporting new product introductions.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
- Develop, evaluate, coordinate and improve manufacturing methods at all sites
- Develop, execute and track project plans and targeted metrics/milestones
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space requirement, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts according to specifications and quality standards
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Collaborate with management, engineering, and staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other issues to facilitate production processes
- Develop and implement appropriate training related to process control for existing and new processes.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and capacities
- Study the work environment, human exposures and capabilities, and equipment design for optimum human/machine interface with emphasis on ergonomics, environment, health, safety and productivity.
- Manage and generate Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs).
- Work with plant process engineers to identify and implement best practices
- Perform first article inspection and buyoff of all equipment prior to shipment from manufacturer
- Use basic concepts of financial analysis, investment planning and cost controls as they apply to investments in manufacturing.
- Assist product development teams with new product introductions
- May perform other duties as assigned
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand’s name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information
- Company Name
- Cornerstone Building Brands
- Ellenboro, WV 26346
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- bility to inspire, teach, coach and mentor team members to implement and sustain lean practices.
- Ability to gather and analyze data relevant to engineering and manufacturing issues.
- Knowledgeable in Six Sigma techniques and use of the DMAIC process.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification (desired) and experience utilizing all applicable tools
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Able to develop Gant charts, highlighting “critical path” items.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Project or other project management tools
- Detailed understanding of Lean Principles and how they apply to equipment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common statistical data, productivity reports, and supporting documents.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering (Mechanical or Industrial preferred) required
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Project Management experience is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and AutoCAD is required.
- How to Apply