Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer (Environmental/Quality) to join our Maleic Anhydride business at our Kenova, WV facility. This position will report to the Plant Manager .
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates all necessary environmental monitoring and is accountable for maintaining regulatory compliance including the plant’s Title V Program, NSPS VV Program, and NPDES Program.
- Responsible for all required-routine environmental reporting to the State of West Virginia and EPA Region III.
- RCRA job duties: (a) Serves as backup for Supervisor of Plant Administration in directing and managing the packaging, labeling, storage, and shipping of RCRA regulated and non-regulated materials per DOT regulations. (b) May sample plant materials for characterization and obtaining a shipping profile. (c) May handle plant materials for the purpose of packaging (boxing, bottling, or drumming). (d) May label materials for shipment . (e) May clean up small spills.
- Reviews processes and initiates cost, yield, reliability, and environmental improvement projects.
- Provides support to the plant’s efforts to meet O.S.H.A./ACC and CMA PSM requirements, primarily through oversight of Management of Change coordination, Pre-Safety Startup Reviews, Process Hazard Analysis, and Incident Investigations (Environmental and Quality).
- Responsible for the following, as required: updating environmental manuals, Environmental Compliance Manager, Coordinating R&D Support, Back-up Operations Manager/Supervisor.
- Manages the laboratory to provide continuous laboratory support to plant operations and all relevant activities to ensure continuity of laboratory effort and QA/QC programs.
- Responsible for managing the interface between the plant and customers on all quality concerns. The incumbent manages all customer audits and customer quality questions. Includes occasional visits to customers with Sales Team.
- Company Name
- Kenova, WV
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering.
- 1-3 years work experience in related field. The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit :
- Sufficient work experience to have developed and demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage several tasks or objectives at the same time.
- Good writing and verbal skills consistent with experience.
- Leadership/management experience.
- How to Apply