Novelis Fairmont Manufacturing Facility
This is a key role for delivering the performance plan goals for the plant. The process engineer will be responsible a) to ensure that manufacturing processes are capable of safely producing finished aluminum products to the highest quality, operational, and productivity standards at the lowest possible cost, b) to lead continuous improvement methods required to sustain performance plan results through projects and tasks; c) to establish standards that resolve process, equipment, operations and quality problems and d) provide technical training, decision-support and leadership to the work center personnel, maintenance and staff.
- Reduce process variation and waste for manufacturing processes throughout the plant to ensure the plant is exceeding both customer requirements and internal yield/recovery, quality, reliability and productivity objectives. Establish, improve and maintain standard operating procedures, control plans, SPC, FMEAs and job instructions.
- Lead Value Stream Analysis and resulting A3 projects through application of formal continuous improvement methodologies.
- Support root cause failure analysis around process and quality losses
- Support quality department with the application/management of core quality tools such as SPC/MSA/LPA within various manufacturing processes.
Novelis’ Fairmont facility - approximately an hour and a half from Pittsburgh - has operated in the North-Central region of West Virginia for 100 years. With nearly 200 employees the site supplies domestic and international customers with more than 435 different types of rolled aluminum products serving the automotive and industrial industries. Downtown Fairmont is the heart of the community offering historic architecture unique shops and restaurants green spaces outdoor recreation and family-friendly events. The Novelis Fairmont team actively supports STEM education sponsoring robotics teamsand volunteering with various youth groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
- Company Name
- Novelis Fairmont Manufacturing Facility
- Fairmont, WV 26554
This position requires a degree in engineering or technologist diploma with significant relevant experience. An open, analytical mind, as well as the ability to influence the behavior and decision-making of others is required. The incumbent must exert technical leadership and gain the confidence and respect of operators, supervision and management.
The incumbent must quickly gain extensive knowledge of the plant equipment, processes, and procedures and how to apply this knowledge to meet the production / product needs of the plant and customers.
Areas of expertise important to this position are in the fields of mechanical and metallurgical technology. A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required to attain full competency in this position.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Statistical techniques
- Process control and continuous improvement methodologies
- Aluminum metallurgy and processing
- Quality management systems including IATF 16949 and Core Tools
- Computer system competency
- Working in teams and leading teams.
- How to Apply