Novelis is looking to hire a Plant Procurement Leader (PPL) for its Fairmont, WV Plant. The Plant Procurement Leader (PPL) ensures the effective and efficient supply of critical production supplies, direct and indirect goods, and services to the manufacturing facility with a strong focus on Safety, Quality, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and Innovation. He/She is also commercially responsible for the effective management of the manufacturing unit’s Capital Expenditures. The PPL identifies risks to operations across the suppliers’ value chains and defines mitigating actions. The PPL also provides full commercial service to the manufacturing units by deploying a team of professionals to deliver operational excellence in Procurement processes, systems, and tools in order to meet or exceed targets.
- Lead, Engage, and Manage Safety throughout the Procurement and Stores function as well as the entire Plant through Support, Leadership, and Supplier Management.
- Ensures the efficient distribution of critical production supplies, direct and indirect goods, and services to the manufacturing units while supporting World Class Manufacturing (WCM) initiatives to eliminate unplanned downtime.
- Manages the Commercial Requirements Needed to Execute the Plant’s Budget and Deliver on Total Cost of Ownership Targets.
- Delivers Excellence in Procurement Operational Execution and Drives Continuous Improvement through Innovation.
- Team and Team Member Development with a strong focus on Growth and Succession Planning
- Alignment with Regional & Global Sourcing Leaders to provide full service to the plant in terms of commercial agreements, cost management, cost containment, and continuous productivity improvements for all purchased goods & services.
- Proactively work with Plant Leadership to identify new opportunities, launching multi-functional cost reduction projects in close cooperation with the appropriate Category teams.
- Ensures execution of Supplier Quality and Relationship Management services to the plant, defining the strategy to resolve any quality related issues from existing suppliers, and offering new supplier opportunities to drive competition and/or resolve new sourcing needs.
- Leverage Processes & Systems, to propose continuous improvement and simplification of tasks to maximize the use of plant resources with more value-added activities.
- Ensure that the plant has all required spare parts on-hand by actively managing the Storeroom team in agreement with the Regional Storeroom Coordinator, the Regional Category Managers and the Reliability Team.
- Align the Plant Procurement activities and initiatives with the plant objectives by being an active member of the Plant Leadership Team.
- Company Name
- Novelis Inc.
- Fairmont, WV
- BS/BA Degree; MBA a Plus
- 7-10 Years Procurement Experience in Manufacturing Setting
- Strong Leadership and People Development skills
- Experience in Negotiation and Commercial Terms Management
- Highly effective communications in all levels of the organization
- Able to Lead, Coach, Mentor, and thrive in a Team environment
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Establish effective communication network within and beyond the working team to ensure accurate and timely flow of information
- Communication, alignment, and management of metrics to support seamless cooperation between plant procurement teams and business objectives
- How to Apply