Steel of West Virginia, Inc.
Steel of West Virginia, Inc. is a steel mill with a future. Over 88 million dollars has been invested in our plant since 2008. We offer competitive pay, cash profit sharing, excellent health care, and automatic company pay into 401(k) plan.
Steel of West Virginia, Inc. is such an excellent place to work that our employees spend their careers with us. We offer the opportunity to work in manufacturing and live in a college town (we are right across the street from Marshall University) with all the activities that has to offer.
As we continue to grow, we have an immediate need for a Plant Metallurgist Full-time.
Development of standards, technical instructions and procedures in order to ensure that all metallurgical activities are in alignment with customer requirements. Keep plant current with required lab submissions for various audits and monthly reporting.
· Provide detail manufacturing support via the analysis of metallurgical quality issues for steel and establish appropriate resolution for optimizing plant processes, including those which inhibit product flow, as well as troubleshooting metallurgical processes.
· Exercise authority and responsibility to hold suspect product and to stop production equipment from producing unsatisfactory product.
· Manage the disposition of questionable product, interpret product metallurgical characteristics and make decisions on corrective actions and deviations needs as a result of product not meeting customer standards.
· Analyze process audit and customer feedback results in correlation with process capability and Corporate standards periodically and proactively establish preventative and/or corrective actions.
· Lead metallurgical laboratory functions including the coordination of the lab activities and supervision including day-to-day direction and support of the lab technicians.
· Provide/administer all metallurgical training needed for associates to understand and perform their job functions.
· Utilize own knowledge base to identify, develop and carry out project ideas for the overall improvement of quality, performance, and/or cost structure. Examples: reducing scrap/rework, improve process efficiency without compromising product quality. This includes follow-up with other team members to achieve stated project goals.
· Provide technical knowledge of product to designer for existing, new and prototype product.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Company Name
- Steel of West Virginia, Inc.
- Huntington, WV 25703
We are seeking someone with a bachelor’s degree or higher in materials or metallurgical engineering. We would prefer someone with experience with customer order inquiries, technical specifications and complaint resolution.
- Monday to Friday
- How to Apply
Submit your resume stating that you are applying for the Plant Metallurgist job to one of the following:
Fax: (304) 529-1479
Mail: SWVA, INC.
P.O. Box 2547
Huntington, West Virginia 25726
Steel of West Virginia, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.