Columbus Industries, Inc.
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees all installation, repair and upkeep for manufacturing plant machinery, equipment and infrastructure. Has a solid understanding of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems, and is well-versed in all maintenance, process, and health and safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in line with company policies.
- Researches, plans, and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates activities involving the fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of plant equipment and facilities. Establishes standards and policies.
- Develops and documents necessary machinery and equipment training programs required for maintenance and production personnel.
- Creates productivity improvement plans pertaining to plant machinery and equipment, with timelines and definable justifications.
- Plans, oversees, and coordinates activities concerned with development, design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, and facilities.
- Designs, develops and tests all aspects of electro-mechanical components, equipment and machinery. Has knowledge of electrical/control principles and their applications in the Plant.
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Leads, directs and trains all maintenance staff. Oversees all maintenance of building and equipment at the Plant.
- Implements, verifies, updates and maintains the documentation for the preventative and corrective maintenance program. Directs the purchases and maintains proper inventory of all spare parts and workshop tools.
- Prepares the annual budget and controls spending for capital expenditures and maintenance expenses.
- Personally involved at times in fabrication, operation, application, installation and/or repair of mechanical products. Must be willing to perform production maintenance when needed.
- Maintain an awareness of new technologies available to manufacturing to further enhance our competitive position. Be aware of manufacturing equipment nearing obsolescence to provide suggestions and costs for modernization programs to allow future productivity.
- Interface with the development group at the project level to provide the customer with the appropriate piece of production equipment or process that manufactures product to meet or exceed customer requirements. Includes external purchases of existing equipment.
- Evaluates ECN’s suggested for spec sheets or bills and routes.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Proposes product and process improvement with cost justification.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Company Name
- Columbus Industries, Inc.
- Huntington, WV 25701
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, or equivalent experience preferably with electrical and/or automation engineering/technology
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in an engineering/maintenance leadership capacity
- Proven experience with relays, programmable drives, and instrumentation (PLCs, robotics, etc…)
- Strong in process engineering and cost improvements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with good oral and written communications skills
- $80,000 - $110,000 a year
- How to Apply