There are 4 positions available
Responsible for the preparation of metal surfaces for painting and also paints components, equipment, interiors and exteriors of vessels, using spray guns, brushes and rollers.
Industrial paining with use of overhead cranes and forklifts·
- Organizes and plans the use of painting and blasting equipment and materials for the various projects
- Uses various techniques to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
- Mixes batches of paint. Operates spray painting equipment or brushes or rolls paint on surfaces.
- Abrades surfaces of metal or hard-composition objects to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt, and to impart specified finish, using abrasive-blasting equipment
- Ensures that the blasting and painting equipment is properly maintained and in a ready state of operation
- Inspects and maintains blasting and painting during all phases of application
- Examines and measures finished surfaces to ensure conformance to specifications
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to FLSmidth safety procedures and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- As part of job enrichment, and at the company’s discretion, cross training in other areas will be given
- Company Name
- Charleston (Frazier's Bottom) 25082
The job has no supervisory responsibilities
- 2 years’ experience preferred
- Is familiar with various coatings, prep work, and blasting methods
- Experience with multi-part epoxies preferred
- Must have working knowledge of Mil thickness, finish requirements etc.
- NACE experience an advantage
- Must have the ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Must have knowledge of health and safety requirements including but not limited to fire hazards, compressed gases, electrical, chemical and mechanical devices
- Must be able to pass a respiratory fit test
- Computer skills: ability to use the computer for time tracking purposes
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes and will be required to wear a respirator. The employee will work in a paint and/or blast booth most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is one that is typically associated with a manufacturing facility.
- How to Apply