Rust-Oleum Corporation has several immediate openings for the position of Packaging Operator at our Production facility in Lesage, WV. The principal function of this job is to package paint and related products by operating, setting up, adjusting, and performing QC checks while tending to machines and hand fills to package paint in a safe, consistent, and efficient manner according to specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect and examine products for quality, packaging accuracy, conformance to specifications, and external defects.
- Push buttons, turn handles, or move controls and levers to start and control packaging machines.
- Change over equipment, adjust equipment, or otherwise adjust machines to improve equipment performance and quality, using knobs, hand wheels, and/or hand tools.
- Set and adjust speed, temperature, product flow, and positions and tolerances of equipment.
- Examine job orders to determine details such as quantities to be filled, production times, stock specifications, BOM’s, and SKU sequences.
- Monitor filling equipment to maintain specified operating levels and to detect malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
- Operate equipment at most efficient speed to ensure proper quality and output.
- Responsibility for the equipment performance, efficient changeovers, operation, and preventative maintenance.
- Company Name
- Lesage, WV
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good communication, English, and basic math skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs and work on a daily basis with hazardous materials safely
- Ability to plan and organize work and complete work efficiently
- Understand how to operate automated packaging equipment
- Able to connect pumps and filter for hand packing
- Operate a forklift
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Exposure to quality programs
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience
- Previous experience with safety programs
- How to Apply