MHI Regional Jet
There’s a New Energy on Board! Our company MHI RJ Aviation Group (MHIRJ) provides comprehensive critical operational, engineering and customer support solutions including maintenance, refurbishment, technical publications, marketing and sales activities for the global regional aircraft industry. Headquartered in Mirabel, Quebec, and bolstered by an Aerospace Engineering Center, MHIRJ’s network of service centers, support offices and parts depots are positioned in important aviation hubs in the U.S., Canada and Germany. A wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd, MHI RJ Aviation Group includes MHI RJ Aviation ULC (Canada), MHI RJ Aviation Inc. (U.S.A.) and MHI RJ Aviation GmbH (Germany).
MHIRJ is seeking an Operations Supervisor who is smart, curious and loves the challenge of solving problems that improve people’s lives. You’ll collaborate with a fun and close-knit agile team.
In your role, you will:
Supervising assigned aircraft maintenance employees and responsible for the daily and overall operations of the aircraft maintenance department, to include safety, schedules, personnel and quality.
• Encourage and promote a safe work environment by supervising a safety/security program which includes operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, 5S, general housekeeping and lean manufacturing. Ensure that regular established safety/security audits are conducted and discrepancies are addressed.
• Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, time card and vacation approvals, PMP and 30/60/90 day reviews, opportunities for professional development and training, personnel decisions concerning hire, fire, disciplinary issues, and salary adjustments, as well as employee schedules and leave.
• Responsible for coordinating unscheduled aircraft maintenance and work performed at a location other than the Repair stations fixed location
• Supervise the performance of maintenance and ensure that work is performed in accordance with Repair Station / Quality Manual, Site Operating Procedures and FARs.
• Oversee and manage the resources to maximize productivity and minimize DOI.
• As required, submit requests for engineering support (RED’s, RFE’s, SRPSA’s and installs) in direct support of operations for all product lines.
• May be required to act on behalf of Customer Project Manager during absence.
• May be required to support UMT, including, for example, coordination of tooling and parts, scheduling personnel, and aircraft return-to-service.
• Administers team related policies & procedures.
• Manage time keeping system to ensure employee hours are accurate, and track attendance.
• Coordinate technical shop floor issues, such as engineering, specialized tooling requirements, etc.
• Facilitate DMM meetings with all departments & shops.
• Monitor housing and facilities for compliance with 14 CFR 145.103 and report any insufficiency.
• Identify and communicate best practices and champion continuous improvement initiatives.
MHI RJ Aviation Group is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- Company Name
- MHI Regional Jet
- Bridgeport, WV 26330
As our ideal candidate,
• You typically have a minimum of 3 years of experience in performing aircraft heavy/line maintenance
• You typically have a minimum of 2 years leadership / Supervisory or Lead experience (Aircraft Maintenance preferred)
• You are A&P Certificate or otherwise appropriately certificated under FAR part 65
• You have working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, for example, part 91, 121, 135, and 145
• You have working knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs for jet aircraft
• You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
• You have customer service skills necessary to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations
• You demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills with the ability to develop people and build a strong team
• You have strong Verbal and written communications skills
• You have training skills necessary to provide employee training
• You have planning and organization skills necessary to plan, prioritize and coordinate workload of assigned employees within a multiple project setting
• You have computer skills necessary to learn and / or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, project, email and web-based applications as well as other operating systems used to manage the maintenance work
• You have a 4 year College Degree - preferred
• You have previous experience in Project Management - preferred
• You have working knowledge of SAP, Pivotal & Auto time maintenance transactions - preferred
• You have working knowledge of ISO/OHSAS management system and resources - preferred
- How to Apply