As an Operations Manager – Coated Side at Cleveland-Cliffs Steel, you’ll be part of a global team making steel that goes into products that are visible all around you. Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on, collaborative environments and are willing to seize opportunities to develop themselves.
- Fulfill the Health and Safety responsibilities as defined in ArcelorMittal’s Health and Safety Program
- Fulfill Environmental responsibilities as defined in ArcelorMittal’s Environmental Program
- Fulfill the responsibilities as identified in the Attendance Management Process
- Ensure compliance with ISO standards (Quality and Environmental)
- Champion employee engagement and ownership for their results
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills (getting results through others) in improving the efficiency, effectiveness, quality and cost control of the Black side operating units.
- Manage the business in terms of total cost and quality control.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with the Union Grievers
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with other branches of our business (includes but is not exclusive to Operations, Maintenance, Technology, Planning and Scheduling, Outside Contractors and Service Providers, etc)
- Ensure that technical operating standards/procedures are developed, revised and maintained to prevent or resolve typical process and systems problems encountered in the plant.
- Develop development and/or succession plans to ensure we have enough people with the right skills, in the right place at the right time with no detrimental effect on performance
- Champion the operator maintenance program
- Provide training so employees are competent in the performance of their duties and tasks
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
- Interface with vendors, contractors, and engineering firms whose functions are to provide project support with engineering and technical know-how associated with capital project installations.
- Ensure that environmental constraints and impact on operating permits associated with modification of process, and raw material(s) changes are identified and addressed
- Initiate, direct and participate in process studies of major equipment.
- Recommend and justify capital improvement projects based on process study results and technical information.
- Participate as required with technical groups (internal and external to ArcelorMittal)
- Various other duties as needed to support the business.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected], or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
- Responsible for overall Coated Side performance in all business aspects.
- Company Name
- Cleveland-Cliffs Weirton
- Weirton, WV 26062
- Bachelor degree in a Technical Field
- A minimum of three years of continuous process industry experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the steel industry with supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Tin Platers
- Knowledge of process, maintenance and production facilities
- Ability to work with all levels at the plant as well as with regional management and technical centers.
- Ability to work in a union environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Negotiation and Facilitation skills.
- Good Written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills’ sharing of information openly with others.
- Genuine team approach to problem solving
- Microsoft applications including Windows and Office applications experience is preferred.
- How to Apply