WV Great Barrel Company, LLC
The WV Great Barrel Company (WVGBC) is an exciting new company developing high-quality whiskey and wine barrels using state-of-the-art technology. Founded in 2017 with the objective of bringing skilled, high-paying jobs to Greenbrier County, the WVGBC completed construction of our Audrina Lumber Mill in 2018, and our Cooperage in 2019. During our first few months of operation, we have seen rapid growth, and are currently supplying some of the top-selling and highest-quality whisky brands in the world. Our mission is to produce the highest-quality barrels on the market, and we are using automation, precision technology, and Six Sigma to succeed in that goal.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operations activities in a cutting-edge whiskey barrel cooperage. The WVGBC is a new organization, and this position will be responsible for developing the operations department into a cohesive, high-performing team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with leadership and process improvement experience, capable of developing and implementing best practices throughout the operations department. This position will report to the Plant Manager and will have 4 team leaders and approximately 50 production employees reporting to them.
- Responsible for all operations activities in the WVGBC Cooperage. Provides leadership, direction, and support to the operations team.
- Sets policy and establishes procedures for the operations department.
- Monitors and manages production activities to ensure productive, efficient operations.
- Responsible for managing and improving the conversion costs for all production lines in the Cooperage. Identify and implement cost-saving measures in all processes.
- Develops and manages systems for tracking and improving quality at every stage of the manufacturing process. Investigate quality complaints and develop root-cause solutions to address every issue.
- Coordinates with the Account Manager and sales team to develop and manage the plant production schedule to ensure timely delivery of orders and effective communication with customers.
- Purchases raw materials for production lines to avoid running out. Manages supplier relationships to ensure material availability and cost. Identifies the vendors and materials with the best value and manages purchasing and inventory to avoid over- and under-stocking.
- Develops electronic Standard Operation Procedures, Flowcharts, and Best Practices for equipment and processes. Ensures continuity of operations through cross-training and documentation.
- Coordinates with stakeholders to develop, implement, and support engineering projects and process improvements for cost savings, productivity improvement, equipment replacement and modernization, and general improvements to meet quality, safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with the Maintenance department to identify critical needs, and coordinate downtime and repairs. Ensure prompt and accurate submission of maintenance requirements by the operations team through a CMMS (computerized maintenance management system).
- Remains abreast of changing regulatory, environmental, safety, and other requirements through training and education as they pertain to engineering and maintenance support.
- Responsible for safety, process, and environmental compliance training of subordinate employees. Develop a safety culture of zero incidents, and implement activities, incentives, and training to continuously improve safety throughout the plant.
- Provides for the general growth and development of subordinate staff, establishes performance standards, and monitors and evaluates performance within these standards.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented—enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- High stress tolerance—thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Company’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/greatbarrel
- Company Name
- WV Great Barrel Company, LLC
- Caldwell, WV 24925
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, or Civil Engineering preferred)
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Process Improvement training and experience (Six Sigma preferred)
- Operations Management
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Process Improvement
- Quality Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Strong Computer & MS Office Skills
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- $70,000 - $90,000 a year
- How to Apply