Job Purpose Lead production and quality personnel in the safe manufacturing of high quality products that exceed customer expectations while minimizing costs.
- Direct production and quality control operations for New Martinsville plant.
- Maintain positive labor relations with employees, while maintaining accountability for performance.
- Provide technical support and advice to personnel.
- Regular evaluation of personnel work performance.
- Counsel and discipline personnel as needed.
- Ensure that personnel receive adequate training to perform essential job functions.
- Strict observance of all safety policies and practices.
- Meet the plant production schedule, on time and in full.
- Troubleshooting of plant operational problems.
- Oversee implementation of new production equipment to meet site demands.
- Establish and implement strategies for improving product quality and production efficiency.
- Ensure sufficient material resources are available to avoid production delays.
- Control labor costs through proper deployment of personnel, planning, scheduling, and prioritizing of work assignments. Maximize efficiency of labor hours.
- Control supply costs through proper inventory control of production tools and equipment.
- Maintain high standards of performance for personnel as it relates to safety, quality, cost, and throughput.
- Communicate with maintenance, scheduling, production, and lab personnel to meet daily production objectives.
- Maintain production operations in accordance with plant QMS.
- Communicate status of operations regularly with Plant Manager, with emphasis on safety performance, quality assurance, personnel issues, and customer satisfaction.
- Initiates and maintains improvement efforts in all areas of plant operations. This may include SPC, key performance indicators, six-sigma efforts, and behavioral safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain quality management system to meet requirements of ISO 9001 standard.
- Fulfill the role of a Management Representative by:
- Ensuring that processes needed for the QMS are established, implemented and maintained,
- Reporting to Plant Manager on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvements,
- Ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization
- Ensure internal audits are scheduled, performed, documented and actions taken to correct and prevent non-conformances.
- Report and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to the product, process, and quality system.
- Control further processing or delivery of non-conforming product until the deficiencies or unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
- Manage Internal Audit, Corrective and Preventative Action and Document Control programs in accordance with established procedures.
- Control and disposition nonconforming product lots in accordance with established procedures
- Direct lab technician/s and production personnel on test methods
- Company Name
- Elementis Global
- New Martinsville, WV
Knowledge/ Experience/ Skills required (qualifications, years of experience, training)
- Proficient user of computer equipment. This includes Microsoft Windows, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, printers, and ERP software. Operations Manager must be skilled in use of all applicable software.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering required with at least five years chemical manufacturing experience.
- Thorough understanding of material flow throughout facility.
- Understanding of process equipment operation and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication and process improvement skills are required.
- Complete understanding and adherence to safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Trained ISO 9001 internal auditor
- How to Apply