At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking NC Mill Machinists for our Group 49 team in Rocket Center, West Virginia, just outside of Cumberland, Maryland.
The Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) site in Rocket Center, designs, develops and manufactures tactical rocket motors, medium caliber ammunition, composite components and end items, and fuze and electronics equipment. For decades, the dedicated and highly skilled team at ABL has supported national security efforts by developing and building defense systems for DoD customers and U.S. allies.
Duties: Could include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Set-up CNC Mills
- Run production in accordance with written work instructions
- Instruct operators
- Inspect parts
- Collect, measure and enter dimensional data using SPC
- Identify non-conforming material and notify Supervision immediately
- Document production output as directed by Supervision
- Change offsets as required to maintain process capability
Responsibilities: Could include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Read and Understand G and M code for CNC Mill programming
- Upload new programs and download existing programs onto proper media for storage
- Remove all tools and holders from previous jobs, clean and return to Tool Crib
- Mounting of collets, fixtures, building tools
- Mount tooling according to the tool sheet or the program
- Indicate and align all tools, set all limits, variables, and load monitors
- Touch off tools on in all axis, up to 5.
- Produce first part and submit to inspection
- Make changes based on inspection results in order to get first piece acceptance
- Assure that all gages and necessary documentation are in the work area
- Note all tool and insert changes
- Instruct operator on how to run the process
- Operate any process in accordance with the procedures and set up sheets
- Support Research & Development efforts by collaborating with respective engineers