UFP Ranson, LLC
The Moulder Operator is responsible for the operation of their respective machinery. The operator is responsible for all setup, operation, clean up, and operator level Maintenance/Calibration.
Principal Duties / Responsibilities
- Secures and maintains material and supplies required on the operation according to production sheets.
- Completes work area set up.Ability to travel as required for equipment specific training programs
- Operates and feeds the machine in a safe and efficient manner, and according to established procedures.
- Continually watches and calibrates the machine to ensure quality.
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finish product.
- May operate hand tools to complete the production process.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- May perform preventive maintenance as specified.
- Participates in safety programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
- Company Name
- UFP Ranson, LLC
- 249 16th Ave, Ranson, WV 25438
- (304) 728-8484
- Minimum high school education preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with Kentwood or other brand molder, or lumber processing equipment
- Working knowledge of standard lumber dimensions.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize and grade quality of lumber materials
- Ability to read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch
- Demonstrates ability to perform LOTO
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tool
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to read a tape measure and read blue prints or plans
- Ability to troubleshoot the machine or equipment in use.
- Ability to understand efficiencies and productivity measures
- Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- How to Apply