UFP Industries, Inc.
General SummaryAre you a hard-working individual, looking for the opportunity to carve out a successful career in an organization where the spirits of family and hard work share equal billing? If so, the companies of Universal may be a good place for you! We are committed to rewarding skill, perseverance and an entrepreneurial attitude with opportunities for growth. Intrigued? Read on to learn more.
- Secures and maintains material and supplies required on the operation according to production sheets.
- Performs machine set-ups and completes work area set up.
- Ability to travel for equipment specific training programs if needed.
- Ability to grind knives and build cutting heads for the moulder as required.
- Operates the machine in a safe and efficient manner, and according to established procedures.
- Continually watches and calibrates the machine to ensure quality.
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finish product.
- May operate hand tools to complete the production process.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- May perform preventive maintenance as specified.
- Participates in safety programs and meetings. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Company Name
- UFP Industries, Inc.
- Ranson, WV 25438
- Minimum high school education.
- Working knowledge of standard lumber dimensions.
- Must possess the ability to identify lumber types and species.
- Must have prior experience using grinder/knife sharpening system.
- Must be able to perform operator-level maintenance on moulder.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner.
- Ability to recognize and grade quality of lumber materials.
- Ability to read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch.
- Demonstrates ability to perform Lock-out/Tag-out.
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions.
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tool.
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly.
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings.
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to read a tape measure and read blueprints or plans.
- Ability to troubleshoot the machine or equipment in use.
- Ability to understand efficiencies and productivity measures.
- Demonstrate eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to work under immediate supervision.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
- Ability to work hours mandated by management.
- How to Apply