- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rocket Center, West Virginia
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No –Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history!
The Mission Assurance/Quality Engineer will provide leadership to our Missile Products team at our Rocket Center, WV location. This position acts as a quality liaison for Operations, Program Management, customer, government agencies and various other functions.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Generate quality reports such as First Pass Yield, First Article Inspection, Cost of Quality, etc.
- Analyze data and drive process improvements
- Receive and/or develop inspection plans based upon statistical methods
- Review data and statistical analysis to assess process capability to meet required standards and specifications
- Use Lean tools such as risk assessment, 8D, DFMEA and/or PFMEA
- Build good working relationship with suppliers, conducting periodic supplier audits to make sure that they are working according to plan
- Validate and coordinate product readiness for use or delivery, including FAAT qualifications of new suppliers
- Provide and support failure analysis processes for program hardware
- Perform independent risk assessments on Mission Assurance issues and communicate issues and findings
*** No relocation assistance is available for this position ***
This position can be filled at a higher level depending on education and experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Company Name
- Northrop Grumman
- Rocket Center, WV 26726
Basic Qualifications for level 2:
- Possess a STEM Degree from an accredited college or university
- At least two years of Relevant Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
Basic Qualifications for level 3:
- Includes all experience above and at least five years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Lean Six Sigma training and certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to use custom manufacturing software (i.e. Solumina) to maintain quality records, traceability, etc.
- Able to work on multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
This position falls under a Federal Explosives License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) for this location. Candidates hired into this role will be required to complete and submit an Employee Possessor Questionnaire to ATF for approval to be a possessor.
- How to Apply