American Woodmark Corp
Overall Coordination of the component machining and assembly process to optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals in cabinet assembly.
1. Coordinate and ensure effective communication between assigned departments.
2. Provide feedback to providers related to meeting or exceeding expectations defined.
3. Improve equipment uptime, capability and reliability through the passionate facilitation of TPM initiatives and the AWC SEE (Strategic Equipment Excellence) program as well as all five phases of Six-Sigma improvement or the Defining, Measuring, Analyzing, Improving, and Controlling of equipment related problems.
4. Coordinate and direct all daily production activities of the Mill.
5. Plan and coordinate department’s activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customer’s expectations.
6. Lead and/or facilitate Kaizen events and actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
7. Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
8. Participate in identifying crewing needs; employee selection, hiring, and training process
9. Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivate team members, and identify opportunity for improvements.
10. Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
11. Ensure Policies and procedures are followed and provide guidance and discipline.
12. Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
13. Establish individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
14. Support and represent company as a union-free environment.
15. Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
16. Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
17. Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
18. Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
- Company Name
- American Woodmark Corp
- 587 Robert C. Byrd Industrial Park Rd, Moorefield, WV 26836
- (304) 530-1100
Will supervise hourly and salaried employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Frame Machining, Frame Assembly, Tall Frames
- Door Machining, Door Assembly, Door Panels
- How to Apply