Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Production Supervisor for 3rd Shift to join our team in Rocket Center, West Virginia, just outside of Cumberland, Maryland.
The Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) site in Rocket Center, designs, develops and manufactures tactical rocket motors, medium caliber ammunition, composite components and end items, and fuze and electronics equipment. For decades, the dedicated and highly skilled team at ABL has supported national security efforts by developing and building defense systems for DoD customers and U.S. allies.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and motivates employees on a project basis to employees in a single facility, guided by established practices and precedents.
- Ability to provide and interpret written and verbal instructions
- Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to practices that affect his or her direct reports.
- Frequently performs ongoing tasks of the department.
- Provides technical support to engineering staff in the operation and maintenance (routine and non-routine) of manufacturing equipment.
- Works directly with maintenance and engineering in running, maintaining, troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Reviews results for timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness to accomplish departmental goals.
- Executes manpower forecasts.
- Interacts frequently with direct reports and managers concerning operations and scheduling
- Schedules work, leads and trains direct reports, and controls processes on a scheduled basis within cost parameters while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Administers and complies with the union contract, trains new employees and new processes obtained for the department.
- Provides sound judgment and ensures overall quality and efficiency of the department
- Company Name
- Northrop Grumman
- Associates Degree in a related field or Technical School certification or a high school diploma with 10+ years of continuous service experience as a Supervisor in a manufacturing setting.
- Availability and willingness to work 3rd Shift 7:30pm - 8:00am
- Ability to provide sound judgment to ensure overall quality and efficiency of the department.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and MS Office
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, pneumatic equipment
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Security Clearance; U.S. Citizenship is a prerequisite
- Flexible with work assignments.
- Proactive safety attitude. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Prior experience supervising in a manufacturing unionized environment
- Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques
- How to Apply