Mountain State Carbon has an immediate need for Mechanical Maintenance Technicians at our operations in Follansbee, West Virginia.
Mountain State Carbon is located in the northern panhandle of West Virginia on the Ohio River. The facility consists of one six meter battery and three three-meter batteries with a total coke making capacity in excess of one million tons per year.
- General mechanics, pipefitting, rigging and coupling alignment
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge of common reasons for mechanical failure and the steps necessary to correct malfunctioning.
- Knowledge of the diagnostic, repair tools and equipment used in dissembling, repairing and installing mechanical equipment.
- Ability to rebuild and install new and/or rebuilt assemblies.
- Ability to weld, burn and fabricate
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, using diagram schematics and parts manual.
- Conduct preventative maintenance
- Operate equipment in conjunction with repairs.
- Company Name
- AK Steel
- Follansbee, WV
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of two years manufacturing, industrial experience or related Associate’s Degree
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and quality
- Ability to read, understand and follow safety information, operating instructions and procedure manuals
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekend and overtime as required
- Ability to work at heights
- How to Apply