Novelis Fairmont Manufacturing Facility
The position is responsible for providing support in maintaining and improving equipment safety, quality, reliability, efficiencies and controlling cost in the operations of the plant as well as recommending, planning and implementing equipment upgrades to maintain the integrity of the plant.
- Providing competent and timely engineering support for effective and efficient maintenance and reliability of assigned equipment.
- Developing practical solutions to repetitive equipment failure problems to contribute to the effectiveness of the maintenance effort.
- Contributing engineering expertise to the selection of replacement or new equipment to help ensure consistency and standardization of components and ease of maintenance or repair throughout the plant.
- Ensuring all equipment recommended, repaired or modified meets all company and governmental safety and health rules and regulations to help ensure safety of employees.
- Assisting in the development of engineering or maintenance procedures and repair work to ensure they are safe, effective and efficient.
- Expanding knowledge of engineering and maintenance principles and practices.
- Providing the lead role in the design and implementation of plant predictive maintenance technologies.
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of a Quality System by serving as a resource to the Maintenance Teams and the Operating Teams including training of craftspeople
Novelis’ Fairmont facility - approximately an hour and a half from Pittsburgh - has operated in the North-Central region of West Virginia for 100 years. With nearly 200 employees the site supplies domestic and international customers with more than 435 different types of rolled aluminum products serving the automotive and industrial industries. Downtown Fairmont is the heart of the community offering historic architecture unique shops and restaurants green spaces outdoor recreation and family-friendly events. The Novelis Fairmont team actively supports STEM education sponsoring robotics teamsand volunteering with various youth groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
- Company Name
- Novelis Fairmont Manufacturing Facility
- Fairmont, WV 26554
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Required
- 5 years in industrial setting required; 10+ preferred,
- Exposure to maintenance procedures and equipment reliability
- Exposure to equipment typically used in the metals industry preferred.
- Excellent Mechanical abilities - Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Lubrications, Bearings
- Superior oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis
- Solid computer skills with software applications proficiency, including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD. Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload; must be able to manage multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail.
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and willingness to take on new challenges is required
- Must be flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Commitment to safe working practices and building a culture of safety within the plant
- How to Apply