You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we’ve broken several records along the way.
We’re excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there’s never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical, and resources sectors.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
- Develops to completion, engineering drawings of basic nature for specific areas of the project with supervision.
- Prepares complete engineering drawings of a basic nature for the project in conformance with the requirements of applicable codes and design criteria established by the project discipline engineers.
- Prepares complete information for design details, bills of material, etc. that can be completed by drafters.
- Checks drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and other discipline groups that affect the specific area or areas assigned.
- Responsible for neatness and accuracy of own work.
- Obtains understanding of assignments, including special requirements and schedule for completion.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with Drafting and Checking Procedures and applicable client and project drafting standards.
- After verifying that all layout information is correct and current, prepares drawings from engineering design sketches. Work may include manual and CAD drafting, 3D Design, document verification/checking.
- In some instances, designers may layout platforms, buildings, etc. from drawings on general arrangements.
- Prepares sketches for study and development purposes as required by projects.
- Coordinates with counterparts in other disciplines as needed, keeping Minor Project Leader informed.
- Verifies that information is current on design sketches and/or vendor data, and general arrangements.
- Maintains Design Team’s electronic project filing system.
- Checks steel and vendor shop drawings as assigned.
- Functions within a design team with other disciplines to complete required tasks for Minor Project work.
- Produces or assists to produce CAC estimates.
- Transmits / Communicates developed project design utilizing the current accepted local format. Required skills include experience with Microsoft Office® Products; Bentley® CAD Software.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
- Company Name
- Elkview, WV 25071
Through lessons learned on projects, provides input to Department Quality Program, Standards and Procedures
- 8-10+ years of experience or drafting/design related course work is required BS degree reduces experience required by 1+ years
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Data Entry is required
- AUTOCAD or MicroStation training/experience is preferred
- 3D Design capabilities preferred
- Previous work experience in a refinery or chemical plant is preferred
Other Essential Functions & Requirements
- Good oral and written communication
- Previous safety awareness training
- Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility in a hot climate
: Full-time Employment Type : Direct Contractor Job Level : Experienced
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it’s time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
- How to Apply