Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality, construction building materials in the United States, and a subsidiary of LaFargeHolcim, has an immediate opening for a 3rd Shift Fixed Plant Mechanic to support operations at Millville Quarry in Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia. This position will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of fixed mechanical equipment, systems and machinery. This position typically works from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.. Overtime will be required.
- Routinely walk the plant to inspect mechanical equipment and parts and systems in need of repair or replacement.
- Communicate with Plant Management on a daily basis to discuss items in need of mechanical attention.
- Maintain crushers, conveyor belts, pulleys, pumps, screens and screen bearings.
- Prior to undertaking any diagnosis or repair, conduct a job safety analysis to identify and isolate any hazards such as energy (lock-out, tag-out), working at heights, confined spaces, etc.
- Always ensure all safety guards are on equipment when it is energized
- Report all incidents, accidents, near misses and first aid events to Supervisors as soon as possible. Complete incident reports as instructed.
- Attend and actively participate in regular safety toolbox talks, production meetings and trainings
- Adhere to all Company Safety, Environmental, Compliance, Human Resources and Plant policies and procedures.
- Company Name
- LafargeHolcim US
- Millville, WV 25425
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience performing the functions listed above in a construction, building materials, manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Proficient in hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Welding skills highly desirable.
- Strong safety-orientation
- Ability to work overtime.
- How to Apply