Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality, construction building materials in the United States, and a subsidiary of LaFargeHolcim, has an immediate opening for a Mechanic/Welder to support 3rd Shift operations at Millville Quarry in Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia. This position is primarily responsible for the diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of fixed mechanical equipment, systems and machinery such as valves, motors and pumps, as well as the maintenance of crushers, conveyor belts, pulleys, pumps, screens and screen bearings. This position works from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m..
- Routinely walk the plant to inspect mechanical equipment and parts and systems in need of repair or replacement.
- Communicate with Plant Management on a daily basis to discuss items in need of repair.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and perform repair and maintenance to stationary production machinery, including, but not limited to, batch plants, motors, conveyors, elevators and drives.
- Inspects and reports the condition of machinery for items needing repair or service.
- Rebuild or fabricate parts; repair electrical equipment.
- Read and interpret technical manuals.
- Operates fixed and mobile equipment, as necessary.
- Prior to undertaking any diagnosis or repair, conduct a job safety analysis to identify and isolate any hazards such as energy (lock-out, tag-out), working at heights, confined spaces, etc.
- Always ensure all safety guards are on equipment when it is energized
- Report all incidents, accidents, near misses and first aid events to Supervisors as soon as possible. Complete incident reports as instructed.
- Attend and actively participate in regular safety toolbox talks, production meetings and trainings
- Adhere to all Company Safety, Environmental, Compliance, Human Resources and Plant policies and procedures.
- Company Name
- Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
- Millville, WV 25432
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum of three years of experience performing maintenance in a construction, building materials or industrial environment.
- Proficient in hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Welding skills are desirable.
- Strong safety-orientation
- Ability to work overtime.
- How to Apply