FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries. Being close to 10,700 employees across more than 60 countries, we combine unique process knowledge on projects, products and services to meet our customers’ need for innovation, digitalization and sustainable productivity.
Since 1882, FLSmidth has challenged conventions and explored opportunities to bring better solutions to light for our customers, for our employees and for the world.
Iron ore, gold, copper, fertilizer, coal, Cement, Mineral Processing, Material Handling, Mining Machinery, Mining Equipments, Slurry handling, Equipment for Mining, Air Pollution Control, Pumps, Automation, and Laboratory Automation
- Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, and corrective maintenance on industrial gearboxes, drives, pumps, cyclones and valves generally related to the vibratory screening industry.
- Inspect different types of gearboxes and identify operating problems, perform complex troubleshooting, and implement repairs
- Perform tests to insure equipment is operating regularly
- Work with micrometers, calipers, feeler gauges, bearing fits, shafts and gears in the dismantling and repair of gearboxes and industrial vibratory equipment
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- As part of job enrichment, and at the company’s discretion, cross training in other areas will be given
The job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Company Name
- Charleston (Fraziers Bottom) WV 25082
Education, Experience and Skills
- Must be able to read and understand repair manuals, specifications, and technical drawings
- Can analyze problems, recommend solutions, and initiate repairs
- Must have good customer service-minded attitude, be a team player, but also be able to work independently with little or no direction
- Capable of reading and understand blue prints and/or schematic diagram
- 3+ years of experience in gearbox/mechanical maintenance
- Has high attention to detail and excellent follow up skills
- Must have knowledge of health and safety requirements including but not limited to fire hazards, compressed gases, electrical, chemical and mechanical devices
- Computer skills: ability to use the computer for time tracking purposes, e-mail and company software
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
- required to stand
- use hands and fingers hand to, or feel
- reach with hands and arms
- climb or balance
- stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- How to Apply