Huntington Steel & Supply Co.
- customer material
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact professionally with customers/vendors.
- Working knowledge of technology and an ability to learn.
- Load customer vehicles safely.
- Able to grind/clean parts to a satisfactory condition.
- Able to load plates safely on burn tables.
- Able to read micrometers.
- Able to check burn parts for quality.
- Load and unload trucks and racks with forklift or overhead crane.
- Clean equipment, machinery, and work areas.
- Tie, Band, and wrap product in bundles for further processing or shipment, following prescribed procedure.
- Examine product to verify conformance to company standards.
- Able to mark correct information on material to properly identify it per current process.
- Read and understand work orders, work instructions, and other types of paperwork.
- Able to identify materials by type, size, and grade.
- Ability to correctly use the timekeeping system.
- Capable of completing various types of paperwork with 95 % accuracy.
- Efficiency evaluation of at least 90 %.
- Quality evaluation of at least 90 %.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Company Name
- Huntington Steel & Supply Co.
- Huntington, WV 25701
- Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty at a minimum satisfactory level.
- Individuals must possess the required education/experience, job related characteristics and specialized skills/certifications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Follows safety rules/practices and is safety conscious at all times.
- Maintains good attitude with customers and company employees.
- Must have good hygiene, work ethic, understand punctuality and ability to work independently.
- Works in teams to produce quality and appropriate quantities of products to meet customer needs.
- Possess an energetic, enthusiastic and self-starting attitude.
- Possess good math skills.
- Possess excellent measuring skills, with ability to read and understand foot/inch/fractions down to 1/32 of an inch.
- Maintain a good attitude toward fast paced change, lean manufacturing and multi-tasking.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Dependable and regular attendance necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Climb ladders.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Factory setting; hot and cold temperatures; noisy conditions.
- Able to lift 80 lbs.
Monday through Friday; First or Second shift
Work flexible hours with overtime, including Saturdays.
- $12 - $14 an hour
- How to Apply