Quad/Graphics is seeking a Full Time Material Handler for our Martinsburg plant, located at 871 Baker Road, to work in the Inventory Control department. The Material Handler will be responsible for the loading/unloading of semi-trailers, packaging of finished product, the servicing of production machines and maintaining accurate inventories with the use of an on board PC and RF bar coding system.
- Understands and follows all standard operating and safety procedures.
- Performs all post-skidding operations, which may include: strapping, banding, wrapping, card-boarding, boxing, baling, weighing and compressing
- Safely operates a powered industrial truck to transport product to various departments
- Responsible for the assembly of shipping cartons to include the following operations: taping, stapling, strapping, addressing,shrink-wrapping and banding
- Prepares all paperwork for shipping
- Loads and unloads materials from delivery vehicles using loading ramps and tracks roll stock looking for reject rolls
- Review and/ or complete all material logs and production record paperwork as required
- Maintains battery, oil and tires for forklift and conducts daily pre-shift inspections of equipment for preventative maintenance
- Performs clean-up and waste removal tasks
- Changes out silicone, etch, blanket wash and floor cleaner totes as need and follows all bulk chemical handling policies and procedures
- Coordinates trucking of product with shipping for staging purposes
- Follows all company and OSHA safety regulations and promote safe work habits with peers
- Effective communication between supervisor and incoming/outgoing operator regarding shift expectations
- Assists as needed in the pressroom and other departments
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Company Name
- 871 Baker Road Martinsburg, WV 25405
This position also requires the ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously. The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential. Good verbal and written comprehension skills a must. Must be able to communicate in English.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer
Drug Free Workplace
- $13.00 / hour, Full-time
- How to Apply