- US - WV - Belle
- As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world. Chemours is seeking a Manufacturing Technology E&I Engineer to join our growing Operations team! This position will report directly to the Mfg. Technology Manager II at our Belle, WV location. This role performs engineering assignments (production, maintenance, process, capital projects, etc.) involving the application of established electrical & instrumentation (E&I) technology and principles and often requiring coordination with other engineering and functional competencies to provide economical and expedient task implementation. May be assigned to lead the E&I function associated with project. May also lead commissioning, startups, and troubleshooting and provide off hours technical assistance.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proactively identifying, troubleshooting and resolving issues to support and improve efficiency of the manufacturing facilities
- Daily monitoring of electrical and instrument performance in the facility
- Work with plant operational teams to drive continuous improvement efforts related to electrical and instrumentation performance
- Support for new product and technology introductions to the plant, interfacing with others in the company
- Execution of detailed projects covering E&I aspects of manufacturing
- Develop and assist in implementation of the plant Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance (MIQA) for instrumentation and electrical preventive and predictive programs
- Participate in project teams and all activities related to E&I technical support
- E&I documentation (i.e. specifications, designs, procedures, etc.)
- Design and development of operations protocols, processing equipment installations and plant upgrades related to E&I installation
- Conduct field assessments and audits on E&I equipment
- Lead and implement all Chemours standard/policy related to E&I installations and maintenance for assigned areas
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.
- Company Name
- Belle, WV 25015
The following is required for this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1- 3 years of related experience in Electrical and Instrumentation OR equivalent Military experience
- Hands-on experience on plant electrical equipment (motors, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, soft-starters, etc.) and instrumentation equipment (Flow, pressure, temperature, level, pH, density, conductivity, etc.) design, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable and skilled with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated proficiency in accuracy and attention to details, good time management capability, strong values on safety awareness and execution, familiar with problem solving skills and ability to organize and run effective meetings
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze potential manufacturing problems and initiate appropriate solutions and awareness of Process Safety Management (PSM), Safety, Health. and Environmental regulations
- Possess an understanding of National Electric Code (NEC) with emphasis in hazardous (electrically classified) locations, and PSM Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) with design, testing and troubleshooting abilities
The following is preferred for this role:
- trong leadership skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills and ability to cut complexity to ensure investments in what matters and faster results
- Be a self-starter and develop opportunities to improve
- Good understanding of the business, engineering, technology, and manufacturing process
- Knowledge of chemical plant operations, capital project execution, and maintenance excellence technologies
- Ability and interest in working with various engineering/technical disciplines (chemical, electrical, mechanical, process control specialists) as well as maintenance personnel
- How to Apply