Precision Castparts Corp.
The Supervisor, Manufacturing position is based in Burnaugh, Kentucky. The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Responsible for making reasonable provisions for the safety of each employee under his/her charge.
- Responsible for training and coaching the production staff on health and safety.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Responsible for production planning to meet the goals of the company.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Develop practices and processes to enhance productivity and employee engagement.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Manage departmental performance measures and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Manage department priorities.
- Troubleshoot all issues or problems.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Administers and interprets various labor agreements and responses to grievances.
- Accountable for traditional administrative tasks such as tracking absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
- Company Name
- Precision Castparts Corp.
- Burnaugh, KY
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience as a Manufacturing Supervisor in a heavy industrial environment desired.
- Prior experience in building best practices for health and safety in a production environment.
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team to success.
- Utilizing knowledge of production to enhance, improve and maintain planning and quality of production.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Positive leadership required.
- Impeccable communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Performance management.
- Results driven
- Quality control
- Staff development
- Job knowledge / technical knowledge
- Hands-on, take charge attitude
- Time management
- How to Apply