Sealed Air Corporation
It is our responsibility to leverage what we have to affect positive and meaningful change for our communities and planet using Sealed Air’s global resources and expertise.
- Corporate sustainability. It’s about improving the lives of people around the world by addressing pressing needs in the communities where we and our customers operate.
- Customer Success. Meeting our customers’ needs. At Sealed Air it’s more than a goal, it’s an integral part of our business practices, our innovative solutions, and our values.
- Leaving our communities better than we found them through dedication of time, talent and resources.
Sealed Air is in business to protect, to solve critical packaging challenges and to leave our world better than we found it. Our portfolio of leading packaging solutions includes CRYOVAC® brand food packaging, SEALED AIR® brand protective packaging and BUBBLE WRAP® brand packaging, which collectively enable a safer, more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.8 billion in sales in 2019 and has approximately 16,500 employees who serve customers in 124 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Foster the use and implementation of Standard Operating Conditions (SOC) to improve long term product quality by reducing variability. Provide engineering and technical expertise to the Bedford plant in order to increase plant safety, productivity, decrease scrap, and improve product quality. Initiate new projects to develop standardization in materials, machinery and methods. Support divisional efforts to reduce systemic manufacturing quality defects and implement solutions throughout. Support the implementation of TOC, Six Sigma and Lean methodologies in the plant.
- Develop standard operating conditions (SOC) for manufacturing processes collaborating with Shop Floor Management, Operations personnel and Quality. This applies to both current and new equipment.
- Provide technical manufacturing process support through project development to improve safety, quality, cost, and efficiency. Identify areas requiring improvement. Initiate and manage projects to completion, including cross-functional projects.
- Coordinate new product and process development in the Converting department as required by Materials Development/Machinery/Engineering. Monitor progress of Experimental Orders (XO) for accuracy and timely completion as well as publish trial summary reports with analysis and recommendations.
- Coordinate with Production and Engineering departments to determine project status. Provide reports to management relative to status.
- Ensure ongoing development of APS manufacturing processes by maintaining an up to date familiarity with emerging manufacturing technologies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
- Company Name
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Keyser, WV 26726
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred).
- Minimum of 1 year experience in practical engineering in manufacturing environment. Must have hands-on mechanical or electrical experience related to machine process capability Bag / flexible packaging / converting process preferred.
- Knowledge of polymers is a plus.
- Ability to work independently along with identifying and leading small groups and projects with little direction.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability - strong statistical background.
- Effective communication skills with ability to openly seek information and apply it effectively.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated design ability with current software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CREO) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Practical experience in the use of Six Sigma and quality systems tools - a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt certification - a plus.
- Project management and work flow analysis - a plus.
- Schedule flexibility to meet the needs of manufacturing. Able to travel to other facilities in the area.
- Demonstrated positive approach in working with others. Collaborative team player.
- How to Apply