Job summary / Introduction
ANDRITZ stands for passion, partnership, perspectives and versatility - core values to which the company is committed. The listed Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria. With almost 170 years of experience, 29,000 employees, and more than 280 locations in over 40 countries worldwide, ANDRITZ is a reliable and competent partner and helps its customers to achieve their corporate and sustainability goals.
Detailed job description Position Summary
This position is responsible for coordinating and expediting material/work order flow through the manufacturing facility. Requires focus on custom made engineered components, assemblies and rebuilds. Maintains system data and schedules in conjunction with sales, engineering, warehouse and purchasing departments. Creates and maintains bills of materials, routings, generates work center schedules and other reports as needed.
The person in this role will report to the Service Center General Mgr. Key interaction will be with manufacturing and repair personnel at the facility, aftermarket sales personnel, customers and engineering. The candidate will need to be self motivated and able to handle / coordinate a heavy workload. Needs to be able to prioritize workload while assessing the value of each job/task at hand.
- Create & maintain manufacturing routings using engineering drawings and other tools
- Coordinates and implements maintenance of Material Master
- Enter, release and close manufacturing direct and indirect production orders
- Responsible for accurate cost analyses for repair jobs, including the written reports/quotes to sales.
- Cross check engineering releases for accuracy to ensure that the latest revision levels of drawings are distributed to the shop
- Field questions regarding order status for Sales/Customer Service
- Create and manage daily production schedules for the facility to meet customer delivery dates (required knowledge of scheduled demands)
- Monitor shipping and on-time performance while working with manufacturing to address shortfalls
- Develop and implement process improvements with Production, Engineering, Warehouse and Customer Service on a daily basis to ensure accurate planning, scheduling and shipping
- Expedited parts within the production environment
- Maintain and query information in SAP
- Help troubleshoot manufacturing and operational problems as they arise
- Review customer specifications and work with sales and customer personnel to help insure we meet customers’ requirements
- Prepare vendor drawing packets for RFQ’s
- Participate in developing manufacturing and repair requirements for each specific job as required
- Working with existing engineering standards, ensures that specific procedures and the associated QA requirements are included in all production orders to manufacturing
- Help develop repair and manufacturing standards not yet established
Travel is required on occasion but is estimated at less than 10% with occasional visits to key suppliers, customers, engineering offices, and other company facilities.
The role of this position is to provide technical expertise for the facility. Success is measured by accurate operation estimates and schedules resulting in an even flow of production orders through all departments in the shop.
Note: This description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their supervisor
- Company Name
- Scott Depot, WV
Specialized Job Skills
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures by use of office machines, internet resources and Must be proficient in MS Office. Prefer SAP experience
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures of the company; ability to understand pertinent policies and procedures clearly and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, subordinates, business professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to project a positive, concerned image to the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Basic Education and Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field required. Requires 5 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Periodic travel may be required which includes overnight stays.
The Manufacturing Planning/Methods Engineer will report directly to the Service Center Plant Manager
The physical demands of this position require the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Requires extended movements including stooping, bending and lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds. Make visual inspections with precise hand and finger movements, with reasoning and problem solving ability.
Position is primarily in an air conditioned office environment. Time is also spent on shop floor where there is no climate control and personal protective equipment is required, including but not limited to steel toed shoes/boots and safety glasses.
- How to Apply