CertainTeed Gypsum, Moundsville WV, has immediate openings for Manufacturing Associates. Positions are $18.50/hr. temporary to hire, with the potential once hired to earn additional increases upon hire. as you progress in your training. Work schedule includes rotating 12 hour shifts and open availability for all hours and days, including overtime when needed.
What is the job?
- Safety: Actively participate in the Company safety program ensuring a safe environment for yourself and others
- Quality: Perform sampling and tests to guarantee product quality
- Efficiency: Work with your team to meet all production goals and deadlines
- Preventative Maintenance: Inspect equipment regularly and perform basic maintenance, immediately addressing any issues
- Logistics: Operate forklift and other mobile power equipment to move both finished product and raw materials
- Data Entry: Input and retrieve production information in a computer with a high level of accuracy
- World Class Manufacturing: Regularly use WCM tools (such as 5S, root cause analysis, kaizen) to reduce costs and increase efficiency and output
- Teamwork: Meet regularly with your assigned team to freely discuss recommendations, suggestions for improvement and openly receive feedback on your performance and that of the team
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
If you are ready to work for a global manufacturer in a state of the art automated facility, apply now.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
- Company Name
- CertainTeed Gypsum
- Proctor, WV 26055
What are the minimum requirements?
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 to 3 years manufacturing experience, OR a technical degree, OR military experience
- Desire to participate in a dynamic team based environment with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Good reasoning skills and mechanical aptitude
- Must be capable of wearing Personal Protective Equipment to comply with safety standards
- The job includes tasks that require bending, lifting materials weighing up to 50 pounds, twisting, gripping and stair climbing
What are other desired qualifications?
- Manufacturing experience in a team based environment
- Experience with Safety Programs in a manufacturing facility
- PC skills including date entry, word processing, spreadsheet applications
- Familiarity with World Class Manufacturing systems or Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of quality techniques and inspection process
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
To keep our employees safe, we practice social distancing, require the wearing of face masks and sanitize the work areas often.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- $18.50 an hour
- How to Apply