FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries. Being more than 11,000 employees across more than 60 countries, we combine unique process knowledge on projects, products and services to meet our customers’ need for innovation, digitalization and sustainable productivity.
Since 1882, FLSmidth has challenged conventions and explored opportunities to bring better solutions to light for our customers, for our employees and for the world.
Iron ore, gold, copper, fertilizer, coal, Cement, Mineral Processing, Material Handling, Mining Machinery, Mining Equipments, Slurry handling, Equipment for Mining, Air Pollution Control, Pumps, Automation, and Laboratory Automation
Main Accountabilities (include but are not limited to)
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to FLSmidth safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- May perform flame cutting or arc welding operations when required
- As part of job enrichment, and at the company’s discretion, cross training in other areas will be given
- Company Name
- Charleston, WV (Fraziers Bottom)
Education, Experience and Skills
- 4 years’ experience in a general machine shop
- Ability to run lathes, mills, drill press
- Must have an understanding of mechanics, basic metallurgy, tolerance, tools, mathematics, layout and machine procedures
- Must be able to interpret blue prints
- Must have knowledge of tooling geometry and replacement or sharpening practice
- Must have the ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Must have knowledge of health and safety requirements including but not limited to fire hazards, compressed gases, electrical, chemical and mechanical devices
- Computer skills: ability to use the computer for time tracking purposes, e-mail and company software
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is one that is typically associated with a manufacturing facility
- How to Apply