At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team in Rocket Center, West Virginia, just outside of Cumberland, Maryland.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and motivates employees on a project basis to employees in a single facility, guided by established practices and precedents.
- Ability to provide and interpret written and verbal instructions
- Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to practices that affect his or her direct report
Frequently performs ongoing tasks of the department.
- Provides technical support to engineering staff in the operation and maintenance (routine and non-routine) of manufacturing equipment.
- Works directly with maintenance and engineering in running, maintaining, troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Reviews results for timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness to accomplish departmental goals.
- Executes manpower forecasts.
- Interacts frequently with direct reports and managers concerning operations and scheduling
- Schedules work, leads and trains direct reports, and controls processes on a scheduled basis within cost parameters while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Administers and complies with the union contract, trains new employees and new processes obtained for the department
- Provides sound judgment and ensures overall quality and efficiency of the department
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Company Name
- Northrop Grumman
- Rocket Center, WV 26726
- Associates Degree in a related field or Technical School certification or a high school diploma with 5+ years of continuous service experience as a Supervisor or Engineer in a manufacturing setting.
- Availability and willingness to work any shift.
- Ability to provide sound judgment to ensure over all quality and efficiency of the department.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and MSOffice
- Experience in electrical, mechanical,pneumatic equipment
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Security Clearance; U.S. Citizenship is a prerequisite
- Flexible with work assignments.
- Proactive safety attitude.
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Prior experience supervising in a manufacturing unionized environment
- Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques
- How to Apply