The Quality Manager is responsible for insuring all quality programs are in place and being adhered to including product testing, customer complaint investigation and correction, supplier audits and visits, documentation and maintenance of the lab.
- Managing all plant QMS and audit activities: Establish procedure and process to ensure process based approach and compliance to ISO 9001:2015, Facilitating Risk based Management, performing product and process data review and analysis. Insuring pre-manufacturing and mix management processes are adhered to: based on QC data, taking appropriate actions to ensure product quality remains within specification. Ensuring Raw Material supplier quality performance measurements are in place and adhered to, working with key material suppliers to facilitate data-driven continuous improvement and ensuring Lab equipment and supplies are properly maintained
- Managing Customer Complaints; ensure excellent communication and drive analysis and corrective action in a timely manner applying basic problem solving \ root cause analysis tools, managing Certificate of Analysis preparation process; periodically visiting customer sites to obtain direct feedback
- Supporting manufacturing in establishing, monitoring and improving product and process capability (using SPC methodology), interfacing with product Technical Managers to develop and implement product specifications. Implementing and sustaining Quality Best Practices based seeking knowledge from external sources such as ASQ, Implementing and sustaining Lean Principles according to HBS – Internal Operational Excellence Program
- Leading, developing, coaching and evaluating Quality Team; Keep current on Quality, Lean, and Data Analysis technical skills; working with management peers help develop and maintain a positive work environment for all employees.
- Reporting out on key performance indicators (KPIs) and driving actions to continuously improve them (#Complaints, PPM, Complaints Management, Product consistency, Internal Non-conformity)
- Company Name
- HarbisonWalker International
- South Point, OH
- Requires B.S. in Engineering, preferably Chemical Ceramic or Industrial, Technology or Operations Management or substantial equivalent experience
- Requires two (2) to six (6) years of experience in refractories/ceramics manufacturing environment; preferably with some direct quality leadership experience
- Experience or knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standards
- Knowledge of refractory products a plus
- Requires interpersonal skills in dealing with employees and customers, mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with continuous improvement models/programs; participated in related improvement projects
- Good practice and knowledge of ERP (Oracle preferred)
- Strong team player with the ability to teach others (coaching) and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- How to Apply