Cornerstone Building Brands
At Ply Gem, we provide the nation’s residential builders, remodelers, and architects with access to a comprehensive range of building products. From humble beginnings, Ply Gem has grown to be a leader in exterior building products, with an eye towards being the best - not just the biggest. Ply Gem - Martinsburg, WV is looking for an exceptional Maintenance Technician to join our team.
Maintenance Technicians, among other tasks, will be responsible for performing scheduled and emergency maintenance on manufacturing machinery, correcting problems with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical components, and PLCs, and maintaining specified production and spare equipment. Ply Gem’s Maintenance techs also performs basic to moderately complex electrical repairs and installations, and operate and assist in maintaining motorized equipment.
Diagnose root cause of problem and correct issue with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components and PLCs in plant machinery and equipment.
- Perform routine, predictive and preventive maintenance on all machinery.
- Maintain and repair motorized equipment.
- Operate manlifts and forklifts; transport heavy parts and equipment, and perform inspections on trucks.
- Identify needed parts to repair equipment and facility. Complete required paperwork to order new parts and to track existing parts. Coordinate maintenance of parts inventory with MRO and purchasing personnel.
- Maintain grinders and associated blowers; adjust and sharpen blades.
- Fabricate metal parts (e.g. brackets); perform welding as required.
- Maintain work logs as required.
- Perform basic to moderately complex electrical repairs and installations.
- Complete daily forklift safety/damage inspection checks.
- Perform grounds/facilities repairs and needed.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Company Name
- Cornerstone Building Brands
- Martinsburg, WV
Education: High school graduate/GED.
Experience: Minimum of two years of maintenance experience, at least one year of which must have been in mechanical and electrical maintenance.
Knowledge: Knowledge of basic preventive maintenance, basic carpentry and tooling. Must have excellent mechanical aptitude.
Mental/Physical/Visual Demands: Position requires walking, standing, heavy lifting, bending, and twisting. Must have correctable hearing and eyesight. Must be able to pass colorblindness test and be able to keep colors separate. Ability to learn basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills with on-the-job training. Must be able to lift 86 pounds maximum and lift with assistance 87 to 100 pounds. Ability to work well with others. Ability to work with some limited supervision to perform job. Must be skilled in working with hand and electrical tools.
Working Conditions: Manufacturing plant environment with exposure to equipment noise, temperature extremes, and dust. Work involves exposure to high voltage equipment and rapidly moving machinery.
Equipment/Tools Used: Amp probe, basic hand tools, fork lift, hand power tools, plasma cutter, soldering iron, volt meter, utility knife. Hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes required.
Safety: Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- How to Apply